Traveling, for me it has always been the best way to spend your money, because it makes you much richer; changes your perspective of life; opens your eyes and fulfill your soul. Sometimes I feel like I’m a travel addict, and I’m not even ashamed about it :). As soon as I came back from a trip, I started planing the new one already. And I absolutely agree with the saying that if traveling was for free - you would never see me here :) !!!
We try to go to places that we haven’t been before as often as we can. This month trip was to the big Russia. We chose Moscow for our first trip there, but we are definitely planing to go back to Saint Petersburg soon.
Our few days in the Russian capital was surprisingly hot. The heat made me improvise with my outfits (I was prepared for cooler weather), but I’m not complaining at all ;)
We tried to see and to experience as much as we could for the short time we were there and this is list of suggestion:
- Of course - Red Square, thats number one thing you should see in Moscow. We had that gorgeous photoshoot there, that I posted last week (you could see it here). Kremlin with the armory and the diamond fund and St. Basil's Cathedral - mostly from outside
- Definitely take a stroll inside GUM - Russia's most famous shopping mall and grab an ice-cream, then have a diner and a wine at sunset in Bosco Cafe - with a view of the Red Square - nice atmosphere with delicious Italian food and good service.
- We really liked the food and the drinks in Ugolëk bar & grill. Very modern and urban atmosphere, nice cocktail, young and good looking crowd… good music.
- Take a Moscow river cruise for a nice view and fresh air.
- And definitely check out the Moscow subway - besides breath-taking art works, it shows a major part of Russian's culture.
Photography: Steven Jaramillo
scarf: Forever 21